A bit after time, nevertheless...

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I have just upgraded (updated) to 4.3 from 4.2 on FreeBSD 4.7 - (dual PIII 450). Upgrade was done with portupgrade.
Normally this works just fine, but not this time.

When I run xdm, the logon as toor or root to kde keeps returning me to the logon. I can logon as a simple user and get the vanilla window manger. I get error messages:

(EE) R128(0): [dri] DRIScreenInit failed. Disabling DRI.
(EE) failed to load module "xie" (module does not exist, 0)
(EE) failed to load module "pex5" (module does not exist, 0)
[drm] failed to load kernel module "r128"

Edit XF86Config and comment out lines reading 'load "xie"' and 'load "pex5"'. No harm will occur.

.xinirc and xsession files both have execute startkde

but i found error: startkde not found
The file is where it should be. ???

Execute bits on .xinitrc and .xession aren't relevant. What is relevant is absence of /usr/local/bin from PATH variable at the moment of their processing. Use something like env PATH=/usr/local/bin:$PATH startkde in your .xsession/.xinitrc