On Fri, 2003-03-28 at 14:19, Mark Vojkovich wrote:
>    Thanks for the stacktrace.  Unfortunately, these appear
> to be in modules.  The XFree86 module-enabled version of gdb
> would be able to resolve the module symbols "??".  I don't
> know if you want to go through the work to get that going
> or not (assuming it even runs on FreeBSD.  I don't know what's
> involved in getting it to run on FreeBSD).
>
>   All I can say at the moment is that I can't reproduce
> this under Linux and the Linux and FreeBSD "nv" modules
> should be identical.

I've heard of this problem happening at least once before I think.
Since it seems FreeBSD-specific, Adri, could you submit a PR (send-pr)
with your XFree86.0.log and XF86Config so I don't lose track of it?
I've got a couple of TNT2s, I'll see if I can reproduce it with one of
those when I get some time.

As far as enhanced gdb for XFree86 modules, our stock system gdb doesn't
support it.  David O'Brien has ported patches to gdb52, which is
available at ports/devel/gdb52.  I haven't had good luck with it,
though.

--
Eric Anholt                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/         [EMAIL PROTECTED]