Can you help me compile the Kernal source so I can get Ati drivers working I have the same card as you. Can you make it step by step to help me and another friend on this Massive Email server of Xfree86.

Okay, here's the step by step. Run all of this from init 3 (command prompt only) as root. For init 3, edit the /etc/inittab file or check the man page.

First off, I've got RedHat 8.0 installed with all packages, and all updated through up2date. This is not entirely necessary, and in fact probably totally unnecessary for getting this video card to work.
What is important is having the kernel source installed. Having the latest kernel probably won't hurt either. Try getting the kernel.* and kernel-source.* rpms.

Go and get the ati driver from:
http://www.ati.com/support/drivers/linux/radeon-linux.html
or directly at:
http://pdownload.mii.instacontent.net/ati/drivers/fglrx-glc22-4.2.0-2.5.1.i586.rpm
This is the driver for XFree86 4.2.0 with glibc 2.2

Install the rpm; you'll need to use the --force option, probably.
rpm -i --force fglrx-glc22-4.2.0-2.5.1.i586.rpm
or try
rpm -Uhv --force fglrx-glc22-4.2.0-2.5.1.i586.rpm
to update the package already on the machine.
You'll get an error message or two. I believe the rpm only installs the binaries and the source. You'll probably have to compile the driver for the new kernel.

Compiling the driver for the new kernel by going to:
/lib/module/fglrx/build_mod
and running:
./make.sh
then go to:
/lib/module/fglrx
and run
./make_install.sh
Ignore the vast quantity of screen output. If you get real errors, you'll have to go to:
/usr/src
and run:
make distclean
make dep

Now _back_ _up_ your old /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file.
Then run:
fglrxconfig
and follow the prompts.  For the most part, follow the defaults.
This builds for you a nice, and broken, XF86Config-4 file.

Edit the /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file as I mentioned in an earlier post:
Take the spaces out of the VSync2 and HRefresh2 values in the ATI driver section.
Go to the Display subsection in the Screen section and make sure the Modes line has only one value. I suggest you start with a relatively low resolution, to see if it works.

If you're feeling lucky, disconnect the monitor attached to the DVI output, and reboot into init 5. After you hit the login screen (after X has started) reattach the second monitor to the DVI output.

I'll write another post with some answers to questions and troubleshooting.