Hi,

> I am very new to the Linux world. This morning, I logged in and typed
> startx and received this message:
> Fatal server error:
> Server is already active for display 0
> If this server is no longer running, remove /tmp/.X0-lock adn start again.
>
> As I mentioned, I do not know enough yet to diagnose nor resolve this issue
> without help.

As it is said, the server is probably already in use..
type ctrl-alt-7 would normally replace you in your x-environment.

.Yves.

-: This is a Unix email virus. It works on the honor system:
If you're running a variant of Unix, please forward this message to
everyone you know and delete a bunch of your files at random.
Thank you for your cooperation. :-