Hi,

       I'm having trouble with the X window system. I'm installing Redhat
linux 9.0 on a prostar 8500V with a Rage 128 Mobility with 16 MB of RAM.
The installation recognizes this without any problem, but then the monitor
settings say that the monitor is unprobed. I've tried all the available
generic laptop options and a few other generic monitors, but nothing
helps. Whenever I complete the installation and reboot, the system doesn't
load the GUI. It says that the X Server can't start and gives the
following error messages:
       R128(0): No Screens found
                Screens found but no valid modes found
Using the redhat-config-xfree86 program hasn't helped. I've
reinstalled the system many times over trying different monitor settings,
but nothing has helped. What should I do about this?

Thanks,
- Diego