Hi,

I've got a Shuttle SB51G with the optional CV21 TV Out module.

http://www.shuttle.com/new/product/barebone/specs_b.asp?B_id=8
http://www.shuttle.com/new/product/barebone/specs_a.asp?A_id=14

Generally a linux user, normally a Debian user, I'm using Knoppix
temporarily as it comes with XFree86 4.3 and I've not had the chance (or
rather the bandwidth) to get organized with Branden's unofficial 4.3 for
Debian.  My X config is a simple one generated by knoppix which I'll post
if need be along with the X log file.

Anyway, all works fine (X crashes the odd time switching to text terminals,
but that's a topic for another post) and to my great joy TV Out works right
out of the box.  Just hook it up, remove the Monitor and reboot.

With TV, the initial boot sequence gives a bunch of resolution options or
"scan" to probe.  Several options work but they all amount to it using
640x480 or 800x600 neither of which fills the TV screen (the latter
naturally comes a little closer).  X just uses the same area which was used
by the boot sequence.

I've asked around and got ideas like "check the BIOS for an overscan
option" and "try changing PAL/NTSC".  There is no such option in the BIOS
and I've changed the PAL/NTSC jumper and it seems to make no difference
whatsoever.  So, does anyone here have any suggestions for how to proceed
to get full screen TV Output?

Gavin