On Thursday, June 12, 2003, at 09:58 PM, Kelley Hilborn wrote:

When trying to configure X with xf86cfg, the screen flickers, looks
like
it's
about to go to a GUI, and then just shuts down.  Logs me out of my
session.

From your XFree86.0.log:

(EE) I810(0): AGP GART support is not available.  Make sure your kernel
has
        agpgart support or that the agpgart kernel module is loaded.

looks like your kernel doesn't have AGP_GART compiled in as an option,
or that your kldload isn't loading it, depending on your system. Can
you send a copy of your kernel config file?

Harry Frankenfeld