Quick question about mouse speeds. I am working on implementing a mouse
speed control in Syllable (http://syllable.sourceforge.net/) an open source
OS, and was wondering exactly how mouse speed / acceleration was handled. I
asked the KDE mailing list and they pointed me to you guys, so any help
would be appreciated. I am just looking for a hint on the best way to handle
implementing mouse speed. It is handled in the mouse driver? or in X? Where
in the X code should I start looking? In KDE I have a acceleration /
threshold settings, but in Windows I have only speed? Are they related? if
so how?

Thanks for your time,
Jarret Raim