Hello,

 please be clear.

First told us about your first pc, we will see the second later.

- Can you loggin to the console (Ctrl+Alt+F1) login/password ??
- Does the graphical environnement trying to start alone (after linux has booted) ?

And please send us the file /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 (Or /etc/X11/XF86Config if the other
doesn't exist)

        Stephane