Respected Sir/Madam,

I'm trying to configure the xterm on the redhat
Advanced server 2.1 so that I could apply patches and
install remotely using x.

Somehow nothing seems to work for me as I'm new linux
space.

I would appreicate any feeback from you.

Below is the error that I receive when I type in the
command startx.

Somehow when I open up the ssh on the remote terminal
and type in xterm or xclock the actual window opens up
on the server.

I need that to open up on the client.

Please help

[EMAIL PROTECTED] oracle]$ startx

Fatal server error:
Server is already active for display 0
        If this server is no longer running, remove
/tmp/.X0-lock
        and start again.

When reporting a problem related to a server crash,
please send
the full server output, not just the last messages.
Please report problems to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Thanks

Aravind Rao

=====
Haritha Rao