The problem lies with the Nvidia nforce chipset utilised with the Asus A7n266-VM motherboard. I have the same mobo and am using the same version of Redhat Linux. To fix this problem you need to first install in text mode, taking care NOT to install/setup the Xserver first. Then, get hold of audio and video drivers from the Nvidia website and do the needful. For further details, you can also goto nvnews.net.

enthil kumar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

respected sir/madam

i have purchased Redhat Linux 8.0 cds i also install to my system.
my system didn't detect the monitor to gui but it detect in the text mode so i want the solution to interface to GUI to my system please give the solution it will hanging as well as not any action please give solution

my system monitor is Samsung SyncMaster 753s 17''

my driver status is Nvidia getforce

my board is Asus Motherboard and Amd Processor

Yours Faithfully

R.S.SenthilKumar

Yahoo! India Mobile SMS using the Yahoo! Messenger; Download latest version.