Hi there,

Last week I was having a problem with a TFT screen that I never seen it
before. I have a box running with this TFT screen for about 3 months and it
was fine until now. Last week, sudenly, instead of displaying the image on
the whole screen, it was compressing the width, so I had a black column on
the right hand side.

I tested the box with other TFT screens (being all of them the same model) and
sometimes it was fine and sometimes not. While testing with other screens I
had a different behaviour on the screen, the whole image was shifted to the
right, so this time I had a black column on the left hand side.

After several test I started to get really stressed. Luckilly, I was pointed
to some possible sources of the problem. First of all, I tried forcing to X
to work on a fixed frequency. Out of the 4 frequencies the TFT can work with,
I only manage to get a good image with one of them. Does anyone know why
could be this? Before to force to use a single frequency, it was configured
with a range of frequencies. How likelly is to pick the same frequency for
three months?

If fixing the frequency to a single one solves all my problems, I am happy
enough just for now. However, I was told that seems to be an uncompatibility
between my box and the TFT screen. And that seems that the box is not taking
the information stored on the TFT screen about itself, so the box can use it.

Is there any way to know if that information stored on the TFT screen had been
downloaded to the box?

Any idea or suggestion is wellcome. Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Asier