I have Putty and X-Win32 installed in  my workstation, and I am trying to
log into the X-server on my network via remote SSH login.  I keep getting
this error whenever I run startx on the command prompt:

Fatal server error:
PAM authentication failed, cannot start X server.
        Perhaps you do not have console ownership?

When reporting a problem related to a server crash, please send
the full server output, not just the last messages.
Please report problems to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

giving up.
xinit:  No such file or directory (errno 2):  unable to connect to X server
xinit:  No such process (errno 3):  unexpected signal 2.

Can you help me figure this out?

Thanks.

Nabeel Keblawi
901 D St SW - Suite 850