Rene Bartsch wrote:
I'm not sure if it's a SunRay. The system is about 4 years old, one
server and 20 terminals, which are very light-weight (I can remind our
Sun-admin once said Sun uses a special protocol which sets each bit one
by one on the terminal - assumingly what you called DDX some lines
down).

Sounds like a SunRay to me - you can see if it looks like the product pictures on http://wwws.sun.com/hw/sunray/index.html if you want to confirm.

As for DDX, that's "Device Dependent X" - it's the module that most people
call a driver - there's a different one for each type of video card, and the
SunRay DDX does in fact send the pixels over the network in the SunRay
protocol.  (Not quite one-by-one in many cases, but the basic concept is correct.)

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-          [EMAIL PROTECTED]
         Sun Microsystems, Inc.     -     Sun Software Group