I don't see a file attached.  I wouldn't have expected your
GeForce4 TI to work before XFree86 4.3, so if you got it to work
with the vesa driver, you may have just been lucky.  With
XFree86 4.3, that panel should work with the "nv" driver but
often some twiddling is needed.  You often have to specify
   Option "CrtcNumber" "1"
        or
   Option "FlatPanel"
In the Section "Device" in the XF86Config file.  An alternative would be
to install NVIDIA's binary Linux drivers which should work with your
current version of XFree86.

                        Mark.