On Sat, 12 Jul 2003, gabe f wrote:

> not sure if I should ask this here, but here goes:

Not really.

> the command history among my xterms is common. How can I make each xterm

No, the command history is shared by your /shells/.  xterm has got
/nothing/ to do with it.

> keep its own command history?

You are probably using bash as your shell.  You can get each copy of bash
to use a different history file with the HISTORYFILE environment variable

(man bash, then type /HISTORYFILE<enter>)

-Peter

The problem isn't really "what will we use to replace C?", it's "what will
we use to replace Fortran and the other languages that were replaced by C?".
 -- Peter da Silva, comp.arch