Hi,

I cant make my Radeon Mobility work with 3d acceleration, I DONE
EVERYTHING please read.

1) "Install XFree 4.x.x. Make sure it works. Backup !"

DONE

2) "Check kernel messages to make sure agpgart and mtrr are being loaded
and work. DRM module (like radeon.o or r128.o) must be loaded after
agpgart, which must be loaded after mtrr. It is possible to compile
these in."

#Keeping same order of output
mtrr: v1.40 (20010327) Richard Gooch ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
mtrr: detected mtrr type: Intel
Linux agpgart interface v0.99 (c) Jeff Hartmann
agpgart: Maximum main memory to use for agp memory: 262M
agpgart: Detected Intel i830M chipset
agpgart: AGP aperture is 256M @ 0xd0000000
[drm] AGP 0.99 on Unknown @ 0xd0000000 256MB
[drm] Initialized radeon 1.2.0 20011231 on minor 0
[drm:radeon_unlock] *ERROR* Process 357 using kernel context 0
[drm:radeon_unlock] *ERROR* Process 622 using kernel context 0

I dont know what those 2 errors mean, but Ill continue...

3) "Start XFree 4.x.x. Check /var/log/XFree86.0.log for messages about
dri. Does it say "dri enabled" in the end ?"

Yup.

(II) RADEON(0): X context handle = 0x0000000b
(II) RADEON(0): [drm] installed DRM signal handler
(II) RADEON(0): [DRI] installation complete
(II) RADEON(0): [drm] Added 32 65536 byte vertex/indirect buffers
(II) RADEON(0): [drm] Mapped 32 vertex/indirect buffers
(II) RADEON(0): [dri] RADEONDRISAREAInit.
(II) RADEON(0): Direct rendering enabled

4) "make sure that your cards drm module (r128.o or radeon.o) is being
loaded by the kernel. If not, try modprobe or recompile linux kernel."

#lsmod ouput
radeon                 94560   1

5) "Start XFree 4.x.x again. Does the log say "dri enabled" in the end ?
Check dmesg do you see output of drm module ? Does XFree log complain
about wrong drm module version ? If so obtain a newer drm module,
compile it and install. Try again."

No, everything is Ok.

6) "By this time XFree log file should say "dri enabled". Open a
terminal and run glxgears. It will print out a frames per second count
each 5 seconds. If you are using hardware GL it should give you at least
500 FPS. With software 3d you are unlikely to get more than 300 FPS.
Both figures, of course, depend on video card and cpu."

Glxgears gives me the following:

glxgears
libGL error: InitDriver failed
423 frames in 6.0 seconds = 70.500 FPS
HERE is where I get that wierd error of "libGL error: InitDriver failed"
And i get it again and again with all the programs that require GL.

7) "If glxgears shows small frame rates try using ldd glxgears to find
out which GL library is being used. If it is the wrong one move it out
of the way and run ldconfig."

#ldd glxgears output

libGL.so.1 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so.1 (0x4001d000)   <-

#ldconfig -v /usr/X11R6/bin/glxgears output

libGL.so.1 -> libGL.so.1.2
..
 I Think here is the problem, but i have no clue how to solve it! HELP
PLEASE!

8) "It is possible that hardware rendering is used only when glxgears is
run by root. To allow all users to use hardware 3d you need to adjust
DRI permissions in XF86Config using Section 'DRI'. You might need to
manually delete /dev/dri directory after changing these permissions."

Same as #6, the problem is in number 7 with the GL library, but I dont
know what to do, I been looking so much time for the answer.

THANKS!

--
Francisco J. Reyna Sepúlveda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>