Hi all,

Can anyone reproduce it?
Or even better: can anyone tell me, whether this is an XFree or a Java
problem?

When moving any java GUI from one screen to the other, the XServer
grows. Using http://www.xfree86.org/~mvojkovi/restest.c I found out,
that everytime I move a java window to the other screen, it's PIXMAP
resources grow.

This is extremely annyoing when using BIIIG java apps like jbuilder,
because you run out of memory quite fast.

Here's how you should be able to reproduce it:
1) cd to your $JAVA_HOME/domo/jfc/Notepad
2) java -jar Notepad.jar
3) ps aux | grep X11R6, note the 6th field (resident size)
4) move the Notepad window to the other screen
5) goto 3)

on my installation, the X process grows 2K at every iteration.

Here are some of the PIXMAP values as they are growing:
PIXMAP: 34  (7412480 bytes)
PIXMAP: 54  (7521792 bytes)
PIXMAP: 64  (14865792 bytes)

I'm using java version "1.4.1_04" and XFree 4.3.0
You can find my XFree config at http://cubicle.at/XF86Config-4

Best regards

 - Clemens -