On Tue, 5 Aug 2003, Gustavo K. Ruziscka wrote:

> I have a computer with Sony CPD 200 sf and S3 968 Vision (2 Mega)pci
> video card. When i try to configure X server(Red Hat 9.0 and XFree86
> 4.3.0) always receive errors messages(Attached).
>
> After search on the Web i tried many suggestions but don't solve this
> problem.
>
> Could someone help me?

Welcome to the club. I also haven't been able to use my S3 968 based cards
with XFree86 4.x. My problems are due to the lack of support for the IBM
RGB526 RAMDAC (which my cards use), but I didn't notice that error in your
log file. You might try using the XFree 3.3.6 S3 server, as it works, but
lacks some of the features that tend to make 4.x desirable.

-Toth