On Tuesday, 12 August 2003 21:57, Mihalis T. wrote:
> I installed FreeBSD 5.0 on my system but i am having problem comfiguring
> the Xfree86. My video vard is an asus VB8170 DDR with a GeForce4  440 MX
> chipset and 64 MB of DDR memory. I visited the XFree86 homepage and
> looked for the supported hardware but i realized that there was no
> support for ASUS Video Cards. Any suggestions to make it work???
How 'bout a letting us see /var/log/XFree86.0.log?

The XFree nvidia driver might support the GeForce4  440 MX. Anyways you can
install NVIDIA driver from /usr/ports/x11/nvidia-driver. Make sure you the
instructions thou.

Also, I'm running 5.0-CURRENT with an GeForce4 Ti4600SE using the NVIDIA
driver without any problems.

hope that helpful
-Al