On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 06:34:43AM -0700, Alex Deucher wrote:
> Unfortunately I suspect this problem lies in the HAL library.  As I
> recall the mga driver uses the lib for mode switching if it's available
> and I think it may be required for use of the DVI ports.

That is my understanding as well.

> the HAL
> module may not be multi-card aware and that might be part of the
> problem.

It is definately multicard aware.  Regardless, my G450 startup and
textmode woes happen even if the G450 is the only card in the system.
The G550 works almost flawlessly regarless of the presence or lack
thereof the G450.

>  you could use the FB driver and then load X with the usefbdev
> option.

I've not succeeded in getting the fb device to recognize/bring up the second
head on the G550.  I can get the first head on the G550 and the DVI
head on the G450 no problem.

Monty