Hello-
We bought a Dell Dimension 4600C for the lab here and are having some
problems getting Rhat 7.3 running properly on it. Here is the situation:
I have installed the intel i810 driver for it, and configured the
XF86Config file to use it, so I know that it is using it.
The problems:
1. I cannot get a decent resolution. Here is what I have in the config
file:
DefaultDepth 16
Subsection "Display"
Depth 16
Modes "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
EndSubsection
It always seems to come up as 800x600.
2. The machine is INCREDIBLY slow! Is this a problem with the X server?
I mean this is a 2.4 gig P4, with lots of RAM. According to top nothing
seems to be manipulating the CPU. Has anyuone had any problems with these
machines????
Thanks in advance.
Michael Luchtan
http://www.cs.uga.edu/~luchtan
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
" The two basic topics that fascinate me are "What is reality?" and "What
constitutes the authentic human being?"" ---Philip K. Dick
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86