Hi.  I am new to Linux and I just installed RedHat 9.0 and I was having trouble starting X.  After the system boots, the monitor screen goes blank.  I have an AMD Athlon 2200+ based system with ECS motherboard and I just upgraded to nVIDIA GeForce FX 5200.  X was starting up fine on my old Graphic Card, GeForce 2 MX 400 but after I upgraded, I decided to do a new install of RedHat.  I wish I could send you the XFree86Config file with this email but I don't know how to get from with my computer, which is currently not functioning at all.
 
I do have nVIDIA drivers for Linux but I don't know how to terminate X server to reach the console.  I have tried [Ctrl+Alt+Backspace] and [Ctrl+X] but neither of those commands terminate it.  Instead, [Ctrl+Alt+Backspace] puts the system in standby.
 
I believe I have version 4.3.0 of XFree86 but I am not 100% sure.
 
Any help regarding this matter will be appreciated.
 
Thank you in advance.
Rash.


Do you Yahoo!?
Exclusive Video Premiere - Britney Spears

Reply via email to