On Thu, 18 Dec 2003, Jan lotter wrote:

> I have a configuration problem with the X server.

Indeed you do...

> Here are my system and hardware details:
> OS: Suse 9.0 with 2.4.21-99 kernel (standard kernel)
> HW: Compaq E500 notebook
> graphical card: ATI 3D Rage P/M Mobility AGP 2x (ati)
> monitor in setup: VESA [EMAIL PROTECTED] (31-38 kHz / 50 - 60 Hz, resolution:
> 800x600, 16Bit)
> XFree version: 4.3.0.1-21

> problem description: After the installation either the x server nor SaX2 is
> running. The error message after
> startx is: (EE) ATI (0): Logic error Entity mismatch,
> .../usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/atimisc_drv.o is unresolved!
> The driver atimisc_drv.o is available in the appropriate directory.
> I have had a similar problem with Suse 8.1 and 8.2 version. In this case I
> added in the
> /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/ directory an older driver ati_drv.o and it
> worked.

> Under Suse 9.0 I did the same but now the upper mentioned error emerged.
> You could see it in the section device in the XF86Config file.

> I would be grateful if you have any problem solution. I added XF86Config and
> XFree86.0.log

First, this log shows that you have a version skew between ati_drv.o
(6.4.18) and atimisc.o (6.5.3).  After 4.4, I'll change the driver to
check for this situation and produce a more appropriate message.  But, in
the meantime, this version skew certainly explains the logic error, as
there have been significant changes in the driver's private structure
between the two versions.

Secondly, the log contains complaints about atiI2CBusInit,
atiDestroyI2CBusRec, etc.  There are no such symbols in my code.
Therefore the atimisc.o you are using contains changes I had nothing to do
with, and thus cannot be expected to support.  Contact SuSE.

Marc.

|  Marc Aurele La France           |  work:   1-780-492-9310           |
|  Computing and Network Services  |  fax:    1-780-492-1729           |
|  352 General Services Building   |  email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]          |
|  Edmonton, Alberta               |                                   |
|  T6G 2H1                         |     Standard disclaimers apply    |
|  CANADA                          |                                   |