On Fri, 9 Jan 2004, [iso-8859-1] Gareth wrote:

> Many many thanks Mark :o) :o) :o)
>
> I have tried this so many times, and it has never worked...
>
> I was putting the option "Randr" "false" in the driver section underneath the
> line "Rotate" "ccw", so when I moved it to the "ServerFlags" section it worked
> exactly how it should! :o)
>
> I feel so stupid now - I must have mis-read the documentation about 100 times +
> to miss that.
>
> You dont happen to know the best way to allow me to be able to quickly switch
> between accelerated mode (using the NVIDIA driver) and the portrait mode (using
> the NV driver) is do you?

   Have two Section "Device".  One for "nv" and one for "nvidia".
Have two Section "Screen".  One referencing the "nv" device and one
referencing the "nvidia" device.  Have two Section "ServerLayout".
One referencing the "nv" screen, the other referencing the "nvidia"
screen.  You can switch between these two layouts from the commandline.
Eg:  "startx -- -layout nv_setup" or "startx -- -layout nvidia_setup".
I believe the SeverLayout listed first is the default, for when you
don't specify a layout on the commandline.

   I think the awkward part is the "glx" module.  If you don't
care about GLX support with the "nv" driver, you can just leave
the NVIDIA glx module in place.  I believe it just fails to load
the GLX extension and prints out a warning, but the server starts
fine.  At least that's with newer NVIDIA drivers.  I think the
older ones would prevent the server from starting.

                        Mark.