On Sun, Feb 29, 2004 at 07:55:01PM -0800, Karina Goddard wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Great, 4.4.0 is out, I've been running off the develsnaps since early October, have
>really been looking forward to the final release.
>
>What I'd like to know is, is there a diff file somewhere, so I can patch
>4.3.99.903(4.4.0 RC 3) to the 4.4.0 release? As there has been for all the rc's it
>seemed logical to me there would be one. I've looked through ftp.xfree86.org and had
>no luck finding it (if it exists).

I'm generating one now and will upload it to the develsnaps directory.

The develsnaps source patches don't make a perfect conversion from
one version to the next though, because there are some binary files
in the source tree.  Resyncing with a full tarball from time to
time is a good idea.

However, if you have the 4.3.0 source, the patches (+ script + small
tarball) at ftp://ftp.xfree86.org/pub/XFree86/4.4.0/patches/ will
make a reliable conversion of a clean 4.3.0 tree to 4.4.0.

David