Hi Sir:

I�m installing the RedHat Linux 5.2 (kernel 2.0.36) to
my Pentium 200 mhz PC. Now I get the following
problems.

1. When run the control-panel with character-shell, I
get the �** WARNING **: cannot open display:�. Then I
tried to �set DISPLAY to 10.1.2.0� and �echo
$DISPLAY�, however, there is nothing returned to the
screen.

When run startx from root into the X window, then run
control-panel, get the �** ERROR **: unable 
to find a usable depth Aborted (core dumped)�.

2. when run linuxconf with the character-shell, it is
ok, however, when run startx into the X window and run
the linuxconf, get �Broken pipe� return.

I have spent a lot of time to try to solve the above
problem, however, haven�t got any clue yet. It will be
very appreciated if anyone can give me some guidance.

Thanks and regards!
David


Find local movie times and trailers on Yahoo! Movies.
http://au.movies.yahoo.com
_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to