Hey All,

I'm trying to set up a SnapServer 1100 for use to house some small home
directories which are then mounted via NFS to our Gentoo Linux boxes.

I keep getting an error when trying to log on about not being able to
lock the .ICEauthority file (slightly different if it's Gnome or KDE
over XFree) which then plunks me back at the logon screen. If the NFS
server is another Gentoo or Redhat box the logon just happens as it
should. I assume this is happening at the X level since it doesn't
matter if it's Gnome or KDE on top, which is why I'm asking here, but...

I ran all the logs past Snap support and they suspect that it might have
to do with Hardlinks (which apparently aren't completely supported), can
anyone tell me if this lack of hardlink support might match the errors
about not being able to lock the .ICEauthority file?

Or does someone have other ideas about what I should be looking for?

Thanks!

Matt

_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to