Miguel Angel Marchuet wrote:
> The buffer was never 1.4 Kb. Just read the buffer 8Kb of 1.4 in 1.4 Kb.

This is just what I'm saying since the beginning, we were using OS provided
buffer reading/writing it in 1.4Kb chunks.

> This was a very serious mistake, because the system has never guaranteed
> a buffer 8Kb, but in some cases it is reduced below 1.4 Kb, in this case
> GPF will be produced.
On windows maybe, I've never seen such a gpf here, and I move, via xharbour
sockets, a few gigabytes/month of data and I never had the necessity to
increase buffers.

> If we reduce system buffer to 1,4Kb instead of 8kb (default), we lost data.
I never said to reduce buffer, but to use what the system gives us and change
it, when needed in user code.

Best regards.

Maurilio.

--