Ron,

given that Eduardo has a collection of applets to test, we could start by
testing them (I mean, if Eduardo wants to do this test).

I agree with you that a rewrite, sometimes, is a better thing than several
years of patches.

Looking at the code it seems to me that Przemyslaw tbrowse is superior in code
 engineering and this is, IMHO, enough of a value to change.

Best regards.

Maurilio.