I explained it.

I remove some structure variables, not used when profile is not active.
it increases speed.

more later it was added altogether for blackguard compatibility with 3rd party
libraries. THEN return to be slow altogether.

if you don't use fmstat and use -DHB_NO_PROFILE

#ifndef HB_NO_PROFILER
       ULONG     ulCalls;      /* profiler support */
       ULONG     ulTime;       /* profiler support */
       ULONG     ulRecurse;    /* profiler support */
#endif

and use new memory model under windows platform, then you can run speedtest.prg
more quick than harbour.

#  define malloc( n )         ( void * ) HeapAlloc( GetProcessHeap(), 0, ( n ) )
#  define realloc( p, n )     ( void * ) HeapReAlloc( GetProcessHeap(), 0, (
void * ) ( p ), ( n ) )
#  define free( p )           HeapFree( GetProcessHeap(), 0, ( void * ) ( p ) )

Best regards,
Miguel Angel marchuet