On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 11:38 AM, Miguel Angel Marchuet
<miguelan...@marchuet.net> wrote:
> No opinions ?
>
> Then i suppose all people are agree. I proceed to upload after current cvs
> will be unfreeze

Of course I support the idea of integrating codepage info in DBF. But
1 byte is obviously not enough. There are more than 256 different
character sets in the world. Also, what about different character sets
for different columns? UTF8? UTF16? Binary columns which should not be
collated and/or converted? User-defined character sets? Support of all
these features on RDD level?

All these are real world problems I am trying to deal with in my
software. I think that the subject needs major planning and discussion
work.

If you have a patch ready please send it to the list for discussion.

-- Ph.