Forwarded by Andi Jahja <xharb...@telkom.net.id>
 From:    "SourceForge.net Team" <nore...@sourceforge.net>
 To:      xharb...@telkom.net.id
 Date:    Tue, 19 May 2009 16:42:51 +0000
 Subject: SourceForge.net feature deprecation upcoming: forums, DocManager,
TaskManager, Diary/Notes
----

Hello,

This mailing is being sent to all project administrators, and all users who
have used the Diary/Notes feature.  Please forward this to other members of
your team as needed.

The SourceForge.net team has been working for the past few months to expand
and refine our feature offering.  The Hosted Apps offering, launched last
September, has been expanded to include new apps, and is continuing to have
a strong rate of adoption among projects.

To best serve the needs of our community, we are electing to eliminate some
of the older site-integrated features in lieu of more viable replacements
we've launched as Hosted Apps.  These old features will be dropped after
data migration occurs, on a date to be announced later (at least 30 days
from now).  Eliminating these crufty, less-capable built-in applications
will allow us to focus our efforts on providing great service to our
projects, and ensure their needs are met.

We will provide an easy-to-use migration path to move the data to the
provided replacements.  We will also provide dumps of this data in case
projects want to do something different with their data.  Additional
information on how to obtain or migrate your data will be provided when the
timeline is announced, in a future mailing.

The following applications are due to be deprecated, replaced by
high-quality Open Source applications we have in our Hosted Apps offering:

 * TaskManager will be replaced by TaskFreak!, dotProject and Trac
(tickets).
 * DocManager will be replaced by MediaWiki and Trac (wiki).
 * Discussion Forums will be replaced by phpBB.
 * Diary and Notes will be replaced by WordPress.

To solicit your feedback on how the migration should be handled, and
alternate options you would like us to consider, we are running a survey
for the next 30 days for the user base of each of these applications.  For
links to the surveys, please see our Site Status post at:
http://tinyurl.com/q3g8o3

If you have questions or concerns, please contact our Support team at:
http://apps.sourceforge.net/trac/sourceforge/wiki/Support

Thank you,

The SourceForge.net team

These mailing are sent to all Project administrators of record,
regardless of Opt-in settings. If you want to inquire about removal,
contact Support (https://sourceforge.net/projects/alexandria/support/).

This message was sent on behalf of SourceForge.net based on
the existence of your user account on our site.

To unsubscribe from future mailings, login to the SourceForge.net site
and request account removal at:
http://sourceforge.net/account/remove_account.php

Or contact us by postal mail at:
Attn:  SourceForge.net Legal Services - Account Removal
SourceForge, Inc.
650 Castro Street, Suite 450
Mountain View, CA  94041

Unsubscribe requests will be processed within 10 days of receipt.