On 02/06/2018 22:09, Greg Hellings wrote:
Rebuild sword. I don't think Xiphos will link ICU directly, but if Sword has issues they'll appear while linking.
-
--Greg

On Sat, Jun 2, 2018, 16:03 Peter von Kaehne <ref...@gmx.net <mailto:ref...@gmx.net>> wrote:

    Hi, I am trying to build Xiphos and fail dt my system having ICU 60.
    but the linker seems to expect ICU57.

    Is there a workaround?

if you have icu 61 you have to "patch" your sword build/package script, by adding -DU_USING_ICU_NAMESPACE=1 to both CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS variables before running configure (with appropriate flags) and make and make install-strip this can be safely applied when you have ICU 60 or earlier (tested with 56.1 , 60 and 61) if you update/change icu library, don't forgetĀ  to recompile both sword, and xiphos/bibletime/a.n.other program you use that uses sword.
regards, Tim