This is not relevant here in terms of Xiphos, but gobiblecreator was a Crosswire maintained programme a decade and a half ago when mobile phones ran at best a J2ME engine. Look that up.

GoBible was our answer to that. David Haslam and I produced dozens and dozens of Bible apps for such phones. A Australian guy called Jolon had originally created GoBible and GoBibleCreator and we inherited it.

Sent from my mobile. Please forgive shortness, typos and weird autocorrects.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [xiphos-devel] 4.2.0 tagged and pushed
From: Caleb Maclennan
To: Xiphos developers
CC:

On Sat, May 9, 2020 at 12:45 AM Greg Hellings <greg.helli...@gmail.com> wrote:
I would stick with just updating the existing ones. It shouldn't be hard to drop in a new Sword, BibleTime, and Xiphos (I assume those are the three packages in the PPA?)

It's just a bit messier than that. There is a long since discontinued gtk edition of bibledit, there is something called gobiblecreator which I don't recognize, there is a custom version of dh-autoreconf as a package which has no business in there, and most strangely a _package_ called "crosswire-ppa". How a package with that name ends up in a ppa of that name and what it does is a mystery.