Even the MBR boot code? I think that's really a waste of time, go with GRUB for
now.

Speaking of GRUB. I noticed that the multiboot.h headerfile is GPLed. What does
that mean to the rest of the system? I mean, the initialization code will
probably use the information about how much memory there is, supplied by GRUB.

Regards, Tommy