forgot to cc: the list on this.

----- Forwarded message from Ian Mondragon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> -----

From: Ian Mondragon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [xMach-core] Re: task list
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 01:45:45 -0500
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

jan -

been there.  doing that.  been putting #ifdef DEBUG statements in numberous
files in the kernel/ipc directory and the last place i just tracked this problem
to for now (read: i'm going to BED) goes something like this:

mach_msg_trap()

--> jump to fast_copyin block

    --> jump to kernel_send block

       *--> call to ipc_kobject_server() creates the panic, but continues...

            --> jump to fast_copyout

                --> jump to fast_put

                    --> jump to slow_put

                       *--> mach_msg_trap() again...

                            --> jump to fast_copyin

                                --> jump to kernel_send

                                   *--> puke everywhere in another
                                        call to ipc_kobject_server()

mind you, this is the results of my first step through the code, and the
results are primitive enough to be considered barbaric, if not possibly
caveman-esque.  but i'm tired, so i'll continue tomorrow when i get home
from work...unless someone manages to fix the proglum before i get the
joy to.  otherwise, i'm all over it & hopefully will have patches to
submit in the very near future to correct the problem.

- ian mondragon

* [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [05/22/01 01:31]:

--
@end

Ian Mondragon  - < copal @ dragonhelix . org >

< h t t p : // d r a g o n h e l i x . o r g >

<<< F r e e B S D -- O b j e c t i v e - C >>>

----- End forwarded message -----