On 01-Jun-2001 CLEMENT Francis wrote:
> Davide,
>
> No, mkusers will create a complete mailusers.tab file, not add/remove/modify
> accounts !!!
>
> My exports are from different databases !! not only one !!
>
> I don't anderstand why xmail needs a ID in mailusers.tab as it can generate
> them at start ?

What You seem to not understand is that XMail store nothing ( nada ) in memory
and mailusers.tab is, for XMail, "The DataBase".
I don't understand also why You need different stuff from CtrlClnt ( and GUI
derivated apps ) and MkUsers.
For small ( relatively ) number of inserts/remove/modify CtrlClnt & Co. is
optimal, while for massive changes MkUsers is the best solution ( pls REMEMBER
that You've to stop XMail before You run it ).
The fact that You've different DB does not change the picture at all coz if You
keep :

A.db ==> A.txt
B.db ==> B.txt

The only thing that You've to do if export the DB You've modified and then :

for file in *.txt ; do
        cat $file >> GLOB.txt
done

More, if You've a little experiece in DBs You could bypass the MkUsers at all
and handle mailusers.tab and directories generation inside a DB stored
procedure.
There's no proble with the ID in such case coz You're going to generate it.
Even in this case You've to stop XMail anyway.