Here is a solution that works for this part of the problem.

Here is example of infected file report:

AVG 6.0 Anti-Virus System
Copyright GRISOFT Inc. 2001
Program version 6.307, database version 168
Command line: [/HEUR c:\xxmail\mailroot\avfilter\1008279248678.401.defiant\*.* /REPORT
c:\xxmail\mailroot\avfilter\temp\rep-1008279248678.401.defiant.txt /NOMEM /NOHIMEM
/NOBOOT]
Testing c:\xxmail\mailroot\avfilter\1008279248678.401.defiant\*.* volume DRIVEC serial
ACBD-E688
c:\xxmail\mailroot\avfilter\1008279248678.401.defiant\server.exe Trojan horse
BackDoor.Subseven

Test start 12/13/01 14:27:37
Elapsed time: 0 sec.
Scanned         files      :    2
Scanned         sectors    :    0
Infected        files      :    1
Infected        sectors    :    0

Here is example of non infected report:

AVG 6.0 Anti-Virus System
Copyright GRISOFT Inc. 2001
Program version 6.307, database version 168
Command line: [/HEUR c:\xxmail\mailroot\avfilter\1008279248678.401.defiant\*.* /REPORT
c:\xxmail\mailroot\avfilter\temp\rep-1008279248678.401.defiant.txt /NOMEM /NOHIMEM
/NOBOOT]
Testing c:\xxmail\mailroot\avfilter\1008279248678.401.defiant\*.* volume DRIVEC serial
ACBD-E688
c:\xxmail\mailroot\avfilter\1008279248678.401.defiant\server.exe Trojan horse
BackDoor.Subseven

Test start 12/13/01 14:27:37
Elapsed time: 0 sec.
Scanned         files      :    2
Scanned         sectors    :    0
Infected        files      :    1
Infected        sectors    :    0

locate line in avfilter.js:

 if (repfileStr.indexOf('Virus found') != -1 || repfileStr.indexOf('Virus identified')
!= -1) {

 Change to:

 if (repfileStr.indexOf('Infected') != -1 || repfileStr.indexOf('Virus identified') !=
-1) {

And now the avfilter.js completes its mission when called from the command line with
correct paramters.  The emails get sent, the log gets updated.

Still investigating.

Tony

  Here is the report created for an infected file:

  AVG 6.0 Anti-Virus System
  Copyright GRISOFT Inc. 2001
  Program version 6.307, database version 168
  Command line: [/HEUR c:\xxmail\mailroot\avfilter\1008279248678.401.defiant\*.*
/REPORT c:\xxmail\mailroot\avfilter\temp\rep-1008279248678.401.defiant.txt /NOMEM
/NOHIMEM /NOBOOT]
  Testing c:\xxmail\mailroot\avfilter\1008279248678.401.defiant\*.* volume DRIVEC
serial ACBD-E688
  c:\xxmail\mailroot\avfilter\1008279248678.401.defiant\server.exe Trojan horse
BackDoor.Subseven

  Test start 12/13/01 14:01:14
  Elapsed time: 0 sec.
  Scanned         files      :    2
  Scanned         sectors    :    0
  Infected        files      :    1
  Infected        sectors    :    0

  If I understand the script correctly, this line:

   if (repfileStr.indexOf('Virus found') != -1 || repfileStr.indexOf('Virus
identified') != -1) {

  is looking for the phrase Virus Found or Virus Identified - neither one of which
appears in the report.  This would account for the reason no virus are being detected
by the script.  Are you using a different version of the AVG engine, or perhaps a
slightly different version of the script than I am?

  Tony