Hello,
I just noticed something kind of strange. I was using v. 0.74 and I noticed
that I left relaying open (smtprelay.tab)... so when I noticed this I
changed it to:

"192.168.1.0"   "255.255.255.0"

Okay... fine... only allow internal relaying.

Then I sent a test message (from my home machine... using our mail
server)... and it let me send the message! (I sent the message to an outside
account - a yahoo account).

I thought this very fishy... so I upgraded (as I should have a long time
ago). So now I'm using 1.4 (by the way Davida... great work... oodles o'
improvements!)

So... I stopped 0.74... migrated the stuff I had to migrate... CHANGED MY
smptrelay.tab to the above... and whalla! I can still use my outside machine
to sendmail through it my yahoo account.

I double checked to make sure that I am indeed running 1.4.. and I am (I
checked the ctrlserver's header: +00000 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> XMail
1.4

Also... the pres. of our company is sending mail using the server from his
home machine as well (which shouldn't be allowed because his home machine is
obviously NOT on our LAN).

This *did* work at one time... very strange (I love how problems crop up
like this at the same time... probably completely related)

../dave