Hi,

first I would like to thank Davide for Xmailserver. I just downloaded it a
couple days ago and I really like it.

Due to the lack of documentation for external authentication against M$
Windows Computers/Domains I thought should point everybody to
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q180548. I slightly
changed the main function to:

int _tmain(int argc, TCHAR **argv)
{
   if (argc != 4) return (2);

   // argv[1] - Domain Name
   // argv[2] - User Name
   // argv[3] - Password
   if (SSPLogonUser(argv[1], argv[2], argv[3]))
   {
      printf("User Credentials are valid\n");
   return (0);
   }
   else
      printf("User Credentials are NOT valid\n");
   return (1);
}

If you don't have a compiler available you can download the SSPLogon.exe
from http://www.bosinius.de/SSPLogon.exe

I have also added the following line to the .tab file (for my domain) under
%MAIL_ROOT%\userauth\pop3:
    "userauth"    "SSPLogon"    "MY_NT_DOMAIN"    "@@USER"    "@@PASSWD"

If you use Active Directory and the AD domain DNS name matches your email
domain you can specify:
    "userauth"    "SSPLogon"    "@@DOMAIN"    "@@USER"    "@@PASSWD"

Please make sure to either extend your %PATH% environment variable or
specify the full path in the .tab file.

Please read the Q article if you want to use SSPlogon on a WindowsXP system.

Cheers,

Tim

-- Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature
-- File: smime.p7s