I thought so, but wanted to check, since the sender just happens to be a
senior IT manager :)

Thanks Davide.

Paul

|--------+---------------------------->
|        |          Davide Libenzi    |
|        |          <davidel@xmailserv|
|        |          er.org>           |
|        |          Sent by:          |
|        |          xmail-bounce@xmail|
|        |          server.org        |
|        |                            |
|        |                            |
|        |          13/03/2002 22:30  |
|        |          Please respond to |
|        |          xmail             |
|        |                            |
|--------+---------------------------->

On Wed, 13 Mar 2002, Paul Sobey wrote:

> I have a message in my queue from one of my users to an address
> @lmpoffice.com, which hasn't been delivered. I have a string of failures
in
> the slog/logfile as follows:
>
> ErrCode   = -40
> ErrString = Invalid server address
> ErrInfo   = 193.130.58.162.
> SMAIL SMTP-Send MX = "193.130.58.162." SMTP = "server" From = "user" To
> = "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" Failed !
>
> DNS lookup for lmpoffice.com DNS records gives the following:
>
> lmpoffice.com   MX preference = 10, mail exchanger = 193.130.58.162
> lmpoffice.com   nameserver = ultra22.uk2net.net
> lmpoffice.com   nameserver = ultra21.uk2net.net
> ultra21.uk2net.net      internet address = 212.4.208.121
> ultra22.uk2net.net      internet address = 212.4.208.122
>
> The MX record looks weird to me, since it returns an IP address where I
> would have thought a hostname should be. Is the DNS for this domain
broken,
> or is this a bug in XMail's MX resolver?

DNS MXs _must_ be A records. Their DNS is broken.