My exact setup is this:

We have one Win 2000 Server, hosting web, ftp and mail services. It has the
ip 172.26.13.34 which is mapped to the external ip 213.187.208.241 by the
ISP (they're using a cisco pix firewall). There is also a number of
workstations at the office mapped to that ip. We have purchased 256 kbit of
bandwidth for that ip which the ISP limits using some kind of filter in
their firewall.

We are also running a terminal services setup for a few external clients
that need to access applications on our server. Now, as the bandwidth use
approaches the purchased 256 kbit, latency increases and packets start
getting dropped. Terminal services doesn't work very well when latency
increases. There will be a delay in typing, using menus and clicking
buttons.

Because of the latency when transferring large files we have purchased an
additional 128 kbit external bandwidth. We dedicate that to our clients
accessing the terminal services and charge them for that. These separate 128
kbit are mapped to a different internal ip - 172.26.13.35. Then I have
assigned that ip too to the server, making sure the www, ftp, mail and other
bulk transfer services are bound to the first ip, while the terminal
services are bound to the second ip.

This makes sure that latency will be low for terminal services sessions even
when transferring large files over www, ftp or mail, assuming that those
services use the right ip.

So far I haven't had many complaints from our clients that latency gets high
even though xmail might use the bandwidth supposed to be dedicated for
terminal services. That is probably because most of the traffic to the mail
server is mail from external users being delivered and pop3 fetches of mail.
The only outbound traffic from it for the mail generated locally at that
office, outside people use their own isps when delivering mail. Still, it
would be cleaner if xmail could be bound to a specific ip for sending mail
too.

Now I have explained exactly my situation to you. If you see a different
solution to it, please tell me.

Andreas