-----Mensaje original-----
De: Davide Libenzi [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Enviado el: Mi=E9rcoles, 17 de Abril de 2002 17:30
Para: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Asunto: [xmail] Re: Authenticate smtp for external hosts only - Off t
opic

On Wed, 17 Apr 2002, Camacho, Christian wrote:

>> Hello Davide,
>>
>> Mmm.. the server doesn't reject the mail.
>>
>> Probably I'm wrong, I think it could be a firewall - related =
problem.
>> I have a virtual port (1300) of a real address, in the firewall, =
mapped =3D
>> port 25 of the xmail server's private address. I think that probably =
=3D
>> Xmail
>> understands that the mail is originated from the firewall private =
=3D
>> address,
>> not from the external host address.
>>
>> Any idea?

>there's no way to setup MX records to target port different from 25, =
so
>your virtual port 1300 will never be used directly.

Yes, It's true, I have to explain the scenario:
Xmail is fully operative in our lan, it manages all messages from an
internal (private) domain which is working perfectly.
Since Xmail is using an invalid Ip address for the InterNet, I mapped =
port
1300 from a virtual ip to port 25 of xmail server address. I configured =
client in internet to use the firewall's port 1300 to send mail and it =
works
ok. I need to put an authentication mechanism to avoid the use of the =
smtp
service to unknown external hosts and permit the use of this service =
without
authentication inside the lan.

Regards,
Christian

DISCLAIMER: This message may contain confidential information.  If you =
are
not the intended recipient please advise the sender and erase the =
message.
Thank you.