-----Mensaje original-----
De: Davide Libenzi [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Enviado el: Jueves, 18 de Abril de 2002 12:02
Para: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Asunto: [xmail] Re: Authenticate smtp for external hosts only - Off t
opic

On Wed, 17 Apr 2002, Camacho, Christian wrote:

>> Yes, It's true, I have to explain the scenario:
>> Xmail is fully operative in our lan, it manages all messages from an
>> internal (private) domain which is working perfectly.
>> Since Xmail is using an invalid Ip address for the InterNet, I mapped =
>> port
>> 1300 from a virtual ip to port 25 of xmail server address. I configured =
>> client in internet to use the firewall's port 1300 to send mail and it =
>> works
>> ok. I need to put an authentication mechanism to avoid the use of the =
>> smtp
>> service to unknown external hosts and permit the use of this service =
>> without
>> authentication inside the lan.>
>
>ok, now i understood your scenario. but i forgot your question :-)

I have external and internal clients sending mail, the external clients must
authenticate to send mail, the internal not. How may I do this?

external clients: 0.0.0.0 excluding 192.168.0.0/24
internal clients: 192.168.0.0/24

Regards,
Christian

DISCLAIMER: This message may contain confidential information.  If you are
not the intended recipient please advise the sender and erase the message.
Thank you.