From: Lynn A. Roth [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 01 May 2002 14:37
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [xmail] Re: Help! Spammers

You have: "CheckMailerDomain"   "1" in your server.tab, which will check to
see if the domain exists in the DNS.

What mail goes through?  Mail to users on the server?  Or mail to users on
another machine?  (relaying)  If it is mail going to local users, then your
server is acting correctly.

Lynn

"www.dns4ever.com,80,/sys/u.cgi?d=MYDOMAIN&u=MYUSERNAME&p=MYPASSWORD&i=%s"
> #"DynDnsSetup"
> "members.dyndns.org,80,/nic/dyndns?action=edit&started=1&hostname=
> YES&host_i
> d=yourhost.ourdomain.ext&myip=%s&wildcard=OFF&mx=mail.exchanger.ex
> t&backmx=N
> O,foouser,foopasswd"
> #"SmtpConfig" "mail-auth"
> #"SmtpConfig-192.168.0.1"     "mail-auth"
> "DefaultSmtpPerms"    "MRVZ"
>
> I have only one domain in the domains.tab
>
> "fifelearninghomes.org.uk"
>
> All I want is my domain users of "fifelearninghomes.org.uk" to have a mail
> server they can send and receive through. That is not used as a spam rely
>
> Can anyone help???
>

> Regards
> Graham Cruickshanks | Technical Director

If all the users are on the same IP network (subnet), and all the users on
this network can be allowed to use the machine as a SMTP relay, then you can
add the addresses to the SMTPRELAY.TAB file.

If the users are coming from unknown addresses, they will have to use SMTP
authenication or use Pop before SMTP by enabling EnableAuthSMTP-POP3 in your
server.tab. (POP before SMTP defaults to on, you going by your example, you
should be all set...)

See the docs for more information.

Lynn