I had made EHLO mandatory in the XMail server by
commenting the code which acknowledges the "HELO"
command,hence the only command that is accepeted by
the email server is "EHLO". And later when the server
was built I tested it again, and found that if the
authentication is failed stil the server will allow
the mail delivery. In my case the email server has no
chance accepting mail from another email server and
hence there is no need for allowing "HELO" command,
users can ofcourse use "EHLO". However while testing
the security, I found this security hole. I did change
the code a bit by rejecting the session as soon as the
authentication fails. However I thought I should
inform Davide abt. it. It could be a potential loop
hole. Try it out yourself,

*) EHLO somedomain
*) MAIL FROM: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
*) RCPT To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Now the mail server should object at the second
command itself, however that doesnt happen either.
And the message gets delivered, its the same as mail
delivery without authentication with EHLO.

Veeresh