There is even more functionality in pop3 protocol. It is possible to retrieve
the mail headers without the bodys. So you can read sender and subject and so
on without downloading the text body and attachments and delete messages if
you dont want them. The only mail client that supports this feature i know is
the one integrated in Star Office 5.2. But it is unusable for some bugs. For
example it stores the mails locally in files named of the mail's subject. if
this subjects starts with a dot, it cannot find it anymore cause it is hidden
in the file system. And it is not very stable also.

Bye
Stephan

Am Sonntag, 11. August 2002 02:47 schrieben Sie:
> Hello everybody!!  :)
>
> Hope the summer was great for you all...
>
> I have been thinking about IMAP4 and the great functionallity
> about storing messages on the mailserver.
>
> Is this a function that exists in POP3 "in any way"..?
>
> I am no expert on the POP3 commands but have understood that
> some commands retrieve mails without removing them..
>
> Does anyone know about a mailclient that works with POP3
> in order to not delete messages on the server..?
>
> /Chotie

Stephan Hartmann

Währisch & Feykes GmbH
Gustav-Adolf-Str. 5