Roberto Pavesi wrote:

>Strange problem.
>I have setting up a domain and a POP3. When I try to connect via POP3
>client (outlook or netscape) the authentication receive only the name
>and not the domain.
>For example
>email address is [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>setup of pop3 client:
>login: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>pwd: password
>
>On the pop3 log file I see on "test" as a login and not
>"[EMAIL PROTECTED]".
>
>It's late, after a very hard day, but I like to solve before sleeping !

I know with Netscape you must use a "." instead of the "@" in the
username if the login is the full email address. Netscape will not pass
the @domain.com even if you put the full email address as the username.
This is with Netscape 6 and earlier as I know. Current Mozilla will pass
the full email to the server, so I'm sure current Netscape will too.