Hello people,

Ok, I think I am on the right track concerning
internal-to-extrnal mail forwarding / syncing.

However, I think I might have a prob with my ISP
Not sure but here goes :

If I try to send a message from the inside to the
outside via a mail client, say Outlook, it shows
it works fine.

I never get the message though.
I thought that this might be a bit fishy, so  I
directly telnetted to SMTP on the local xmail box.
Indeed when I tried to e-mail a message with the
standard smtp syntax to this address ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
the system came back with the following (actual screen
dump) :

root@jeckyl:/var/MailRoot# telnet . 25
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to ..
Escape character is '^]'.
220 <1032515094.33819@localhost> [XMail 1.10 (Linux/Ix86) ESMTP Server]
service ready; Fri, 20 Sep 2002 12:44:54 +0300
helo cq
250 non-registered-name.domain.org
mail from:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
250 OK
rcpt to:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
550 Relay denied
Connection closed by foreign host.

Any ideas ??

TIA,

s.

-----
"I merely function as a channel that filters music through
the chaos of noise"
- Vangelis